KMCT College of Architecture, Manassery with an outlook to encourage and motivate the students of Graduate Courses in Architecture in Kerala has instituted Aadya 2019- KMCT Architectural best Undergraduate Thesis Award in Kerala, submitted in compliance to the requirements of the Bachelor’s degree program in Architecture and invites students in architectural colleges in Kerala to participate in this prestigious competition by submitting their thesis projects in accordance with the conditions and instructions set out below. The award program is promoted with an objective to encourage the talents of students from across the state. The author of the best thesis project of the year will be awarded with Fifty thousand rupees in Cash and a Certificate. The runners’ up will be awarded with cash prizes and certificates.
- The rules for participation and the registration forms are available for download in the college website kmctarchitecturecollege.org.
- The participant must be a bonafide student of an Architectural College in Kerala, who has appeared for Final year Arch. Examination at conclusion of academic year 2018-19.
- The candidate can enter the event by sending the scanned images of the complete set of registration forms (Registration Form and Declaration Form) duly filled in and completed in all respects, to Director, KMCT College Of Architecture, Manassery ,by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5.00 pm on 06th December, Friday,
- Submission should abide to the rules of the awards Participants are advised to retain copies of the material submitted.
- No symbol or distinguishing mark shall be placed on any part of the thesis sheet except the title of the The entire design project of each participant shall be dispatched in a single packet.
- Each participant is responsible for insuring his entry against loss, damage or non- delivery up to the time of its receipt in the given
- The judging of the entries are scheduled to take place in three stages as listed below
Stage 1: First Level Screening
A team of assessors will visit the evaluating centre prior to the date of Public Jury and short list the projects for stage 2 assessment. This will be a closed door assessment. The screening panel would be of Architects all over India.
Stage 2: Short Listing
A team of assessors will visit the evaluating centre a day prior to the date of Public Jury and short list five thesis projects for stage 3 jury presentation. This will also be a closed door assessment. The jury panel would be of Architects all over India.
Stage 3: Final Jury
Authors of the five short listed thesis projects shall make an audio visual presentation to the Jury panel in a public jury attended by eminent citizen, public and students, held in an auditorium, on the date of the final jury. The participants must remain present to do the presentation. Each participating student will be given a minimum of 20 minutes & maximum of 30 minutes for the entire Jury. It will consist of maximum of 15 minutes for the presentation on screen using projector only & 15-20 minutes for the query session. The final jury panel would be of Architects all over India.
- All shortlisted entries will be exhibited at the given The shortlisted entries WILL NOT be informed prior to the public jury. Only code numbers of all authors will be displayed at the exhibition of entries.
- Names of all shortlisted authors will be displayed at the exhibition of entries for the Final Jury after the announcement of the
- The winner and runners’ up will be announced on the same day after the completion of
- The decisions of the Jury panel are
- All the winners will be awarded during the awarding ceremony that follows the final
- The First prize winner will be awarded with Fifty thousand rupees Cash award and a certificate.
- The first runner up and second runner up will be awarded with cash prizes along with
- The team of Assessors may disqualify entries for the following reasons:
-Submission after the last date and time given.
-If the participant ignores any of the rules of the program.
-If the participant attempts to influence any member of the team of Assessors.
- If under unanticipated conditions, the result of the awards program is such that none of the participants could be declared by the Jury as the winners of the awards, the program could be regarded as
- All the entries shall be retained for records in
- All the 3 winning thesis will be published in DESIGNER+BUILDER Magazine and DESIGN Detail, the architecture magazine provided they submit their thesis in the magazine format which will be informed to the winners post the final
- Scanned images of Registration Form and Declaration Form duly filled in and completed in all respects to be submitted via mail to email@example.com on or before 06th December 2019, 00 pm.
- Thesis sheets to be submitted by participants: Not more than ten in number, A2 size drawing Name and address of the participant is to be mentioned on the package containing the sheets ONLY.
- A complete set of registration forms, in original, (Registration Form and Declaration Form) duly filled in and completed in all
2. DVD adequately protected for handling and containing:
- Scanned copies of the completed registration form and declaration
- Passport size photograph of the
- High resolution PDF files of thesis
- Design brief: A brief write up of the project in minimum 900 words to maximum 2000 words in pdf In the first section of approx.300‐600 words they should spell out the architectural concern of their project. In the next 300‐600 words they may elaborate on the architectural and conceptual strategies to address the concerns stated above for their projects. In the last 300‐600 words they may elaborate on the architectural language that they have achieved in their project.
- Power point presentation: A copy of the presentation to be made to the jury at Final Jury in ppt and pdf
AWARDS PROGRAM SCHEDULE
|Awards guidelines will be made available by the organizers
|Deadline for scanned images of duly completed Registration Forms to be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Deadline for receipt of Thesis sheets + Envelope of entries by post or through forwarding agent or by hand to
KMCT College Of Architecture, Manassery P.O,
Kozhikode, Pin – 673602
NAME ADDRESS AND CONTACT DETAILS:
KMCT College of Architecture Manassery P.O,
Kozhikode, Pin – 673602
email : email@example.com
* Any changes in dates or details of events will be displayed on the website www.kmctarchitecturecollege.org